Thursday, February 5, 2009

And away we go.....

I have been considering starting a blog for several months now. I had a vague idea that blogs existed in the world but didn't have much interest in getting the scoop on the hows, whys, wheres, etc. Until Faiqa. If you don't know her then you should.

I used to write all the time. Poems, short stories, blah, blah blah.... I haven't done any writing at all in a very long time. Life gets the way of things more often than not.

The question became, "Do I have anything to say that anyone wants to hear?"
The answer is "Does it matter?"

I always used to write for me, for my personal mental well-being, why not continue? Who says that it has to be read by anyone else? Who says that anybody else has to even like my writing or my thoughts? When did I become a person who cares what other people think anyway?

The things I think about are just that. Things I think about. The idea of being able to write them down for further consideration appeals to me. Even if nobody ever reads them but me.

1 comment:

  1. Yaaay!! You certainly have a point that nobody's opinion of your writing should really matter... but, in response to "Do I have anything to say that anyone wants to hear?" My answer is absolutely YES. I want to hear what you have to say. About anything. About everything. :)

    ReplyDelete